Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hurts so good!



I am a crocheting maniac! I think I've crocheted so much that I can do it while sleeping. Needless to say, my fingers huuurt! But I like it, I like it a lot...

Meet Mr. Tso and Tso. He (they?) is a Siamese Twin Cat Amigurumi Doll drawn up/designed by my awesome hubby, John and engineered/crocheted by me. He is a gift for our (soon to come out) daughter, Mayumi. We were just looking at the toys that we've amassed for her the last couple of months and came to realize that we don't have any "people" dolls or toys. And we kind of like it that way. Actually, my grandmother and my aunt gave us two little blond baby dolls at the shower last week but we didn't mind. They can be the "monsters" among the monsters. John actually sewed the faces of the cats himself and I am very impressed. He is a rennaissance man.

John also made a CD compilation for the baby. The graphics that he did was so nice (see pic below). We called the CD "Mayusic" from her name Mayumi Audris. Really, the CD was also for us. John and I wanted to see how much children's music we could tolerate. Fortunately, there are a lot of children's music out there that will not melt your brain after 2 hours of non-stop listening. Johnny Cash has a good one called, "One and One Make Two" and also this amazing (!!!) song by Dan Wilson of the Semisonics, called "Willie the King". There are a lot of revivals of classics like "Twinkle,Twinkle" and "The Rainbow Connection" by artists like Raffi and Karen Carpenter. We figured we'll start her off with something that all three of us can bear.



I am also almost done with my counterfeit handbag for stephanie's project. I just need to put a zipper on it. Here are some progress pics. The real Dior bag is pictured on the lower right hand side of the 1st photo. Stay tuned for the "real" thing...





Isn't this the cutest mobile ever! Thank you Auntie Filipinas for this amazing toy. Mayumi will be hypnotized into quiet cooing and drooling after looking up at this for a good minute or two. Seriously though, it is so cute and it matches the room perfectly.



Updated the shop with some cute little kitties. I am offering to make Mr. Tso and Tso for anyone who wants one like him, so go see the shop.

Well, I am off to felt some old sweaters from goodwill. Thank you Betz White for the awesome felting tutorial.

See you guys later.

No comments: