Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mr.H and other things.


So today, I've decided to do something other than crocheting. I think me and my cats need a break from each other. I was having some wrist pains yesterday on my right wrist and it scared me a little since that is also where my mouse clicking hand is located. I wish I was ambidextrous.

A little while back, I bought some old sweaters from goodwill to felt (thanks, betz, for the wonderful tutorial) and John has been having fun with them lately. The photo above is Mr. H, the second doll from John's new felted collection. He is made from scraps of felt made from the sweaters. I love the colors on him and the big hole in the middle for his mouth. I think I want to keep this one for myself but will ask John if he wants it up on etsy. I love being married to an artsy, craftsy guy.

I organized my button collection last night. That was fun. I am an organizing freak! It's funny though because I'm so into every little minutia of everything that it makes it so difficult to categorize. I end up with a bigger mess than when I started. I have to remember to generalize and then go from there. I've decided to go by color first since that is the first thing I think about when designing things. It'll do for now.

Finally got started on a knitting project! I miss knitting. I've decided to try and write a simple wrap sweater pattern for myself. No fancy stitches, I'm just gonna try and focus on construction first. Here are some pics of my progress with sketches and the yarn I'm planning to use. Will keep everybody posted on the progress but be warned, I've been known to take half a year finishing some projects. Wish me luck!



Before I go, does anybody know of a good cooking blog?

Late,
Diana

6 comments:

Betz White said...

Hi Diana,
Glad the tutorial was useful to you...Mr. H is great! So original, I love him.

Betz White said...

Hi, Betz again...
I wanted to say I'm sorry about your sore wrist! I had a similar problem back in the newborn days of my son...from nursing! That could be contributing to your problem. (I am assuming you are nursing due to your earlier post showcasing the "hooter hider"!)

You don't need to post this, I just couldn't figure out how to email you directly!
Take care,
Betz

Shhhh said...

I am not nursing yet but will soon. I am expecting a baby girl in 5 weeks.

I looove your tutorials, Betz.

Diana

natasha said...

heya! i think mr h has john's eyes! ha!
if you want more of that crazy yellow yarn, please ask i have a 7 lb cone of it. seriously. i know you may be shocked to hear this, but it is from the 70's. shocking!

as for your wrist, they have carpal tunnel wristy things at target or at a good pharmacy, which is what i wear and they help a lot. i have ones that strap on, but they make pull on ones, as well.

Christina said...

if i didn't have such an old & ornery stuffed bear, i'd love to have one of your kitties! maybe in the future, as poor bear is getting old...

i like these 2 food blogs:
pinoy cook
chocolate & zucchini
and from c&z there are other food blogs to explore.
i haven't made anything from them but the blogs are good resources for some of my food curiosities and the photos are pretty.

enjoy!

Shhhh said...

Thanks for the links, Christina!

I like the pinoy cook one ;)