Sunday, June 11, 2006

Creatures.

I love the weekend. It's especially nice when the weather cooperates. I feel like its been forever since we've had a nice sunny day in Portland. So I am sipping my ice tea while writing this blog entry. Simple pleasures. Yummy.

Yesterday was very productive. John worked on digging up the backyard some more. I worked on completing some custom orders and worked on some prototypes which is what you see in this picture.

The little fat bird was actually a prototype for the buddha that I am trying to make for John but it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to. I didn't want to waste the blob shape thing so I made it into a bird which turned out quite cute. I have it up on my etsy shop. I love the little bunny cutie! I still have to work on making her stand up on her own.

I also got a package from Dawn last Friday. I was so happy when I got it. This is Killer the Dog and he is even better looking in real life than in the pictures. The little red dots on his head are actually sock grippers. I could tell that the this little dog was the product of careful planning and meticulous execution. So check out her shop. Everything is worth your money.

Thanks for the little bird too, Dawn! You are awesome!

We went to see a movie called "The Proposition" which is a cowboy movie set in Australia around the 1880s. It was a very sad movie but I liked it. If you don't like a lot of violence though, this movie is not for you. I'm not talking Kill Bill violence, I'm talking The Schindler's List type violence, the kind that pulls on your gut. The screenplay was written by Nick Cave so that's another reason to go see it (the music is actually pretty good too). Also, John says he's never seen so many flies in a movie before and I say that cowboys are definitely dirty folk (dirty like very low on the hygiene category).

We're also showing one of John's friends around town since he and his girlfriend are going to move here. It almost seemed like the city was selling herself to us, everything was perfect. The weather, the greenery, the fair downtown, and the people, they all looked great. Sometimes I forget why I love this city, it's good to have someone to show around so I can rediscover. I don't know what the vibe is ... healthy?... I'm not sure if that's quite the word but Portland just makes me feel great and young.

Anyway, I think I'm in the mood to munch on some watermelon so I will see you folks later.

Later,
Diana

2 comments:

amy said...

hi diana,
i'm not sure if you remember me but i met you at natasha's wedding in vegas... anyway, i LOVE your creations, i really adore the ninja, but the prototypes you just did are so great as well. also congrats to you and john on the upcoming excitment!!

Shhhh said...

'Course I remember you and your cute glasses ; )

Diana