Monday, July 24, 2006

So where were we . . .


Okay, so long time no blog. Where was I you ask? Well, I've been around... staying home mostly... you know, since I just had me baby...

YES! You read it right, we finally had Mayumi!

Last July 16, 2006, at about 1:36 pm, we finally got to meet our daughter, Mayumi Audris. She was a hairy little thing (she had back hair and ear hair), weighing in at 7.2 ounces. Was it kismet? To be perfectly honest, hardly. She was as bewildered as were. She was as wary and cautious of us as we were of her. I don't think babies are born to like their parents immediately. We definitely had to work on getting to know each other better. I was told that there will be 90 days of madness following the birth of your first child. I took faith in that and lo and behold, things do get better. We are almost over the 90 day hump and Mayumi seems more settled wiht her environment.

Was she a cryer? I hate that question. All babies cry. She cried but we worked through it. Does she sleep through the night? Not yet but I have adjusted to her sleeping schedule so I am saner during the day than I was a month ago. Mayumi is almost 3 months old now and and is currently figuring out to use her hands. It's so funny to see her try to guide her hand to her mouth and miss (is that mean?). She looks like she's giving herself a little punch. She is an awesome little person and makes for great entertainement (24 hout baby TV!)

Nothing creative in the works so far. I have been able to finish the back of a sweater that I've been working on. I have learned the amazing skill of knitting while breastfeeding the little one. This is the furthest I've ever come to actually completing a sweater so I have high hopes of having it done before the weather gets cold.

Hopefully, I can blog regularly now. I am trying to master the art of typing with one hand.

Diana

3 comments:

Betz White said...

Yay! You're back! Congratulations, she's adorable!

natasha said...

she is gorgeous! she looks just like you! and she has never looked like a brand new baby. so cute. i cannot wait to meet her in person. i have picked up a few baby things for ya that i need to send, plus some artwork. hint...i got a von dutch onesie. i am not a labelwhore, but it cracked me up.

i miss you two soo much!

tawny&julie said...

congrats! She's adorable!